The Return of the Lord, Part 8 (#902)
So here we are in part 8 of “The Return of the Lord,” we’ll finish that up today. Then in the coming weeks we’ll have a series on prayer and vision. Just going to God to get a vision for your life and then praying that God will help bring it all to pass. It should be a really fun number of sessions with some wonderful doctrinal verses, which are the ones where God tells us how to pray and what He’ll do for us. And then very inspritrational records of men and women in the Bible records who actually do pray and do believe, and God does give them their vision and they accomplish great things not only to help their own lives, but to help so many others as well. So that will be a real fun series on prayer and vision. So, what we are going to do today in “The Return of The Lord, Part 8” is go over the final page of the notes, which you can get on the web site, which is the chronology of the final administrations. Everything we’ll read today we’ll have covered at one point or another in the class. But this will kind of pull together, not every detail of the class, but the chronological order of what occurs in the final administrations together. First of all, we are now in the administration of the Grace of God. Let’s go to Ephesians 3:2.
Taught by Bruce Mahone 20160828. All rights reserved.
Verse Listing and Notes
Chronology – Final Administrations
1. Administration of the Grace of God (Eph. 3:2)
– People can become born again (Rom. 10:9-10), obtaining eternal life (Rom. 6:23), never to perish (I Cor. 15:18), and are thus saved from the wrath to come (I Thes. 1:10)
– Ends with the gathering together – those born again (whether they wake or sleep) meet the lord in the air (I Cor. 15:51-58; I Thes. 4:13-18; II Thes. 2:1)
2. Appearing/Revelation Administration
– Starts with the gathering together, when Jesus Christ comes for his saints. Later, he comes with his saints to do battle, to judge, and to reign.
– Referred to as the “day of Christ” (Phil. 1:10, 2:16; II Thes. 2:2), “day of the Lord” (Acts 2:20; I Thes. 5:2; II Peter 3:10), “day of the Lord Jesus” (I Cor. 5:5; II Cor. 1:14), “Lord’s day” (Rev. 1:10) “day of God” (II Peter 3:12), and “day of God Almighty” (Rev. 16:14).
– Wrath, tribulation, antichrist, beast, false prophet – those who do not accept the mark of the beast are beheaded for the witness of Jesus (Rev. 1-19)
– Satan is bound and shut up in the bottomless pit for one thousand years (Rev. 20:1-3)
– First resurrection: those who were beheaded for the witness of Jesus in Rev. 1-19 are raised to life. They live and reign with Christ and the previously gathered born-again ones during the thousand years that Satan is bound (Rev. 20:1-6).
– Satan is loosed for a season (Rev. 20:7-9)
– The devil (Satan) is cast into the lake of fire, joining the beast and the false prophet (Rev. 20:10). No one else is said to be tormented day and night forever.
– Ends with the second resurrection: the rest of the dead come to life and are judged according to their works at the great white throne judgment. Those whose names are written in the book of life go on to eternal life. Those whose names are not found written in the book of life are cast into the lake of fire, which is the second death. Death and hell (hades, the grave) are cast into the lake of fire (Rev. 20:11-15; Rev. 21:7-8).
3. Final Glory Administration
– Former (second) heaven and earth melting with fervent heat (II Peter 3:10), being destroyed by fire (II Peter 3:12), passes away (Rev. 21:1)
– New (third) heaven and earth established (Rev. 21:1). New Jerusalem comes down from heaven – no tears, death, sorrow, crying or pain (Rev. 21:4).
– Paradise reestablished in the new Jerusalem with the tree of life (Rev. 2:7; 22:1-2, 14).
So shall we ever be with the Lord! (I Thes. 4:17)
The Return of the Lord – Part 8 (#902)
The Return of the Lord, Part 8 (#902)